Cinema Sentries has teamed up with BayView Entertainment to award three lucky readers Robot Monster on Blu-ray. It becomes available on Blu-ray and DVD on July 25. For those wanting to learn more, read the press release below
At long last, “can” and “must” meet on the graph, as ROBOT MONSTER, the most demented, delirious, and delightful 3-D film of the Golden Age arrives in a showcase edition loaded with out-of-this-world extras!
A cosmic catastrophe has wiped out humanity, and now the last six survivors must outwit that strangely iconic alien menace, Ro-Man (George Barrows). Taking orders from the pitiless Great Guidance, Ro-Man wavers in his pursuit of human annihilation when he falls in love with a girl (Claudia Barrett). Can dashing young Roy (George Nader) save her? Independently photographed in less than a week on location in Bronson Canyon, the Tru-Stereo photography is comparable to the major studio 3-D productions of the time. And to mark the milestone 70th anniversary of this all-time sci-fi classic, the 3-D version of ROBOT MONSTER has been painstakingly and masterfully restored from complete 35mm archival 3-D elements by the talented archivists at the 3-D Film Archive, the leading experts in vintage stereoscopic film restoration.
This is your opportunity to finally see the incredible Ro-Man as director Phil Tucker intended — in the miracle of Tru-Stereo Three Dimension!
The ROBOT MONSTER Blu-ray restoration is presented in both BD3D (for those with the necessary equipment) and compatible anaglyphic 3-D which will play on any system or monitor, plus in standard 2-D as well. In addition, one pair of red/cyan anaglyphic glasses is included.
3-D BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE
- STARDUST IN YOUR EYES (1953) – Robot Monster’s original prologue starring Slick Slaven aka Trustin Howard. New 4K scan from the left/right 35mm master positives.
- MEMORIES OF A POOPED-OUT PINWHEEL (2022) – Greg Moffett shares his personal recollections of filming on location over a period of four days in March 1953.
- TRAVELS THROUGH TIME & SPACE (2023) – Newly curated vintage slide presentation from Stereoscopic Anthropologist, Hillary Hess
- ADVENTURES IN 3-D (1953) – Newly restored Golden Age 3-D Comic Book, presented in association with Carl Scheckel at Carl’s Comix.
- Plus additional trailers, vintage shorts, and a restoration demo!
2-D BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE
- SAVING SLICK (2023) – Sean Thrunk’s new documentary short explains how 1950’s nightclub comedian Slick Slaven is reminded of his long-forgotten act and identity when his lost 3-D film is revived in 2003.
- JOE DANTE, TRAILERS FROM HELL (2013) – 1956 MONSTER FROM MARS reissue trailer hosted by Joe Dante, courtesy of Trailers from Hell
- MISTAKES & INNOVATIONS (2023) – Bob Furmanek describes the original day-for-night footage and Phil Tucker’s innovative use of “Double Film” aka “3-D Blinkey.”
- RESCUING RO-MAN (2023) – This documentary short by filmmaker Sean Thrunk tells how an accidental discovery of two forgotten 35mm prints in 1990 saved the only complete 3-D footage.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY TRACK (2022) with Greg Moffett, Mike Ballew, Eric Kurland and Lawrence Kaufman.
- WAS I A MAN (2022) – New song by The Other Favorites, aka Josh Turner and Carson McKee, played during the post-feature restoration credits and memorabilia gallery.
- MEMORABILIA GALLERY (2023) – Created by Charles Barnard with original newspaper ads, posters, lobbycards and publicity photographs.
- BELA LUGOSI – YOU ASKED FOR IT (July 27, 1953) – Appearance on live television, newly restored.
The contest is only open to residents of the continental U.S. Upon notification, recipients will need to provide their own valid address (within 48 hours of email notification); no P.O. Boxes. Failure to do so will forfeit prize and another winner will be randomly selected. Cinema Sentries does not enter into any contract or guarantee with prize participants or any visitors to our site.a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you don’t want to wait, click on the Amazon link above and help us keep the lights on.