Press release: Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will celebrate the life and career of iconic actor, director and producer Burt Reynolds with a six-film tribute on Wednesday, December 26. Reynolds, who passed away on September 6 at the age of 82, was an Academy Award-nominated actor who was in more than 100 feature films ranging from comedies to thrillers and was also a staple on television shows like Evening Shade.
The following is the complete schedule for TCM's tribute to Burt Reynolds:
TCM Remembers Burt Reynolds - Wednesday, December 26
- 8:00 p.m. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) - A maverick trucker tries to save a runaway bride and a shipment of contraband beer from a small-town sheriff.
- 10:00 p.m. Deliverance (1972) - During a hunting vacation, four men fight against a murderous clan of backwoodsmen.
- 12:00 a.m. The Longest Yard (1974) - When a disgraced NFL quarterback is sent to prison for stealing a car, he’s forced by the sadistic warden to take part in a convicts versus guards exhibition football game.
- 2:15 a.m. Hooper (1978) - An aging stuntman teams up with a young hotshot.
- 4:15 a.m. Smokey and the Bandit II (1980) - A raucous political race results in the comeback of the wild ways of the Bandit, again pursued by arch enemy Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
- 6:00 a.m. Best Friends (1982) - Longtime roommates and professional partners find they aren't prepared to make it legal.