Press release: Each year, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame honors rock music's pioneering figures during a prestigious black-tie ceremony. As the Hall of Fame enters its third decade, it's these singular induction ceremonies-featuring the biggest names in classic rock from the '60s, '70s and '80s-that have become nearly as epic as the artists they celebrate.
This September, join in the festivities with front row seats to four incredible induction ceremonies with Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Concert: Encore. Never before available at retail on any format, these memorable live concert events from 2010-2013 are filled with the collaborations and jam sessions that have made Rock Hall concerts legendary. And with on-stage reunions, unforgettable induction speeches and iconic performances, these once-in-a-lifetime events will be available at retail in a 2-disc Blu-ray and 4-disc DVD configuration.
Among the singular highlights:
- The legendary Canadian power trio Rush performing fiery classics "Tom Sawyer" and "The Spirit of Radio" for their fervent fans.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers leading a searing all-star jam session of "Higher Ground" anchored by Slash and Ron Wood.
- Heart going "Crazy on You" before being joined onstage by fellow members of Seattle rock royalty from Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.
- Alice Cooper ripping into ferocious versions of "Eighteen" and "Under My Wheels" before closing the set with Rob Zombie on "School's Out."
- The Hurdy Gurdy Man Donovan is joined onstage by John Mellencamp for a chilling performance of "Season of the Witch."
- Complete HOF induction speeches including Don Henley inducting Randy Newman, Neil Young inducting Tom Waits, and many more.
The Rock Hall induction ceremonies further immortalize the legends of rock and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Concert: Encore puts four singular and electric concerts together into one spectacular collection -- a must-have for music lovers everywhere!