Cinema Sentries has teamed up with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment to award one lucky reader a Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Blu-ray Combo Pack. For those wanting to learn more, read Elizabeth Periale's review and the press release below:
Bring family and friends together and have the time of your life with Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition, the all-new smash-hit romantic comedy based on the songs of ABBA, for a one-of-a-kind at home experience. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again arrives on Digital and the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on October 9, 2018, as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on October 23, 2018 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Ten years after MAMMA MIA! The Movie, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again invites you to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi to continue the story’s emotional journey of family and friendship whilst discovering just how those life-changing relationships were formed and includes hit songs such as When I Kissed The Teacher, Fernando and Dancing Queen.
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, a Littlestar/Playtone production, is produced by Judy Craymer and Gary Goetzman, producers of the original film. Craymer is also the creator and producer of the worldwide smash hit stage musical. Ol Parker, writer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, writes and directs the sequel from a story by Catherine Johnson, Richard Curtis and Ol Parker. Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus return to provide music and lyrics and serve as executive producers. The original cast members multi-award winner Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins, Into The Woods), Pierce Brosnan (The World is Not Enough), Oscar winner Colin Firth (The King’s Speech), Stellan Skarsgård (Good Will Hunting), Julie Walters (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), Dominic Cooper (Avengers: Infinity Wars), Amanda Seyfried (Les Miserables) and Christine Baranski (The Good Wife) return alongside new additions Lily James (Cinderella, Baby Driver), Oscar winner Cher (Moonstruck, Burlesque) and Andy Garcia (Ocean’s Eleven, The Godfather: Part III).
Both a prequel and a sequel, the film tells two stories: present day as Sophie Sheridan (Seyfried) prepares for the grand reopening of her mother Donna’s (Streep) hotel and 1979 when young Donna (James) first arrives on the island. Sophie learns about her mother’s exciting, fun-filled adventures with the young Dynamos, Tanya (Jessica Keenan-Wynn) and Rosie (Alexa Davies), and how young Donna first met her three possible dads Harry (Hugh Skinner), Bill (Josh Dylan) and Sam (Jeremy Irvine) all those years ago. Deemed as “a relentlessly sunny musical romp” by Leah Greenblatt, Entertainment Weekly, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is filled with summer fun, joy and romance that allows audiences to tap into their inner dancing queens in their own living rooms! Get ready to sing and dance all over again with the entire cast and go behind the scenes with Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM and DVD - with over an hour of bonus features including one- of-a-kind lyric videos and a never-before-seen performance of “I Wonder.”
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY& DIGITAL:
- Deleted/Extended Songs and Scenes with Commentary by Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Extended Song Performance - The Name Of The Game
- Extended Song Performance - Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Enhanced Sing-Alongs
- One Of Us
- Why Did It Have To Be Me?
- I Have A Dream
- Kisses Of Fire
- Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Angel Eyes
- My Love, My Life
- Cast Meets Cast
- Tanya Meets Tanya - Jessica Keenan Wynn interviews Christine Baranski about playing the sassiest Dynamo - Tanya.
- Rosie Meets Rosie - Alexa Davies interviews Julie Walters as the two actresses share their experiences playing Rosie.
- Cast Chats
- Dynamo Chit-Chat - A conversation between the three Young Dynamos reflecting on their favorite song, costumes, scenes to shoot, and funniest moments.
- Dad Chat - The young dads come together to share some of their favorite memories from set.
- High Jinks
- Sophie's Story - Of all the characters, Amanda Seyfried’s Sophie has developed the most since the first movie. Here we will chart how Sophie has gone from a vulnerable young girl to a confident young woman following life-changing events.
- Choreographing Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again - Choreographer Anthony Van Laast and his team will reveal some of the secrets behind the highly original dance routines.
- Dancing Queen: Anatomy of a Scene - The most famous piano roll in musical history opens one of ABBA’S biggest hits, “Dancing Queen.” The number is the biggest and most complex sequence. Ol Parker will discuss where and how he wanted to use the song in the story.
- Performing for Legends - Here the Young Dynamos will discuss the daunting prospect of stepping into the recording booth at Air Studios to sing ABBA to ABBA.
- Class of '79 - The story of the Young Dads and Dynamos is told against the backdrop of Oxford, Paris and the Greek Islands of 1979, when hairstyles were wackier and the fashions were bolder. This featurette will focus on the Young Dads and Dynamos and their experience bringing these characters to life.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted Songs and Scenes with Commentary by Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Deleted Song Performance - I Wonder
- Deleted Scene - Tahini
- Enhanced Sing-Alongs
- Thank You For The Music
- When I Kissed The Teacher
- Andante, Andante
- The Name Of The Game
- Mamma Mia
- Dancing Queen
- I’ve Been Waiting For You
- Super Trouper
- The Story - Producer Judy Craymer reveals how the MAMMA MIA! legacy began, evolved into the first feature film and how she teamed with executive producer/co-story writer Richard Curtis and director/screenplay writer Ol Parker to develop the perfect sequel.
- Mamma Mia! Reunited - Focusing on the legacy performers and their excitement at reuniting a decade later, the filmmakers discuss the paths they’ve paved for the characters since we last saw them.
- Playing Donna - This piece centers on Meryl Streep’s cameo performance and Lily James’ preparation for filling this iconic role.
- Meeting Cher - The Queen of pop reveals her excitement at joining the MAMMA MIA! family as Ruby Sheridan - Sophie’s glamorous grandmother. Fellow cast members will share their delight at meeting and watching a legend on set.
- Costumes and The Dynamos - The Young Dynamos have some pretty cool costumes in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, and of course so does Cher. And who could forget those trademark dungarees? We will join costume designer Michelle Clapton as she highlights some of her favorite outfits from the movie.
- Curtain Call - Who can forget the finale to Mamma Mia! when the cast danced onto cinema screens in full spandex for one final number? Ol Parker has chosen “Super Trouper” to close his movie and it features all 16 key cast members.
- NBC’s TODAY Show Interview with Cher & Judy Craymer
- Feature Commentary with Director/Screenplay Writer Ol Parker
- Feature Commentary with Producer Judy Craymer
The contest is only open to residents of the US. Upon notification, recipients will need to provide their own valid address (within 48 hours of email notification); no P.O. Boxes. Failure to do so will forfeit prize and another winner will be randomly selected. Cinema Sentries does not enter into any contract or guarantee with prize participants or any visitors to our site.